Temperatures are dropping, leaves are falling, pumpkin spice is back in stores -- you know what that means right? Fall is finally here! There’s a lot to love about the season, but here at Witt & Co. we’re especially excited about the latest and greatest trends taking over the wedding scenes. Explore the inspiring seasonal ideas that are turning heads!
1. Colors: Burgundy and wine seem to be the color choices taking over weddings this season. These deep, rich colors are a perfect choice to give your wedding a romantic feel. Other notable colors seen this season are plum, mauve, blush, ivory, navy, and other pretty jewel tones. Accent your colors with metallics to add some brightness and depth. Gold is a popular choice, but the hottest pop of color this season seems to be copper.
2. Wedding Attire: Crisp, cool air settles in as temperatures drop. The cold weather not only has brides selecting dresses with long sleeves, but bridesmaids too. Lace is a popular option during this time of the year as well for the elegant, detailed look it gives. Brides are choosing dresses that are a softer white, such as ivory, or even a blush colored dress to stand out against the beautiful fall colors. Let’s not forget about layers! Denim jackets and soft fleece sweaters are perfect for extra warmth. As for the men, they can be seen in any neutral color. Navy and burgundy are the latest fall trend colors for suit jackets. If they’re looking to stand out a little more, they can select a textured jacket or have a pair of suede brown shoes.
3. Desserts: Just as the trees are losing their leaves, the wedding cakes are losing all their extravagant extras. During this season, couples seem to opt for simple, clean cakes with some texture and small bunches of florals. Naked cakes are still very common, but a new version of this cake is taking over as the go-to choice. Translucent cakes are like naked cakes, but instead have a thin veil of frosting covering the layers with just a little bit of the cake showing through. In addition, couples are selecting smaller wedding cakes and adding an additional dessert to serve for guests. Seasonal picks include pies, smore’s, and caramel apples!
4. Drinks: Guests will love the tastes of apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel, and other spiced-infused cocktails. Some crowd-pleasing signature drinks include spiced mulled wine, apple cider hot toddy, pumpkin beer, and caramel apple martinis. Select a drink that you and your significant other with enjoy cuddling up with together!
5. Flowers: Florals are often chosen to match the changing foliage outside. Rich, lush, textured arrangements with bursts of burgundy, red, orange, yellow, and plum are what can be expected. Dahlias are a favorite during the fall season with bouquets as they come in multiple colors such as red, burgundy, orange, and plum. Another popular flower choice is burgundy colored spider mums. Bouquets can be seen wrapped with ribbons, sashes, or textured fabric as well. Incorporating enchanting greens, such as evergreen branches or magnolia leaves, and fun accents, such as small twigs or berries, into floral arrangements adds interest and captures the great outdoors.
6. Favors: Trying to think of the perfect fall favor to gift to your guests? Boxed caramel apples, plaid blankets, caramel popcorn, and hot cocoa mix are just a few of this season’s best favors. If you’re looking to kick your wedding up a notch, you could offer a caramel apple bar or smore’s bar for guests to build their sweet treat themselves to take home!
7. Décor: Having a wedding in fall gives you so many options for beautiful, unique décor. Gourds, pumpkins, and leaves are seasonal favorites for incorporating into your wedding. Dreamy lanterns and candles give a soft, cozy feel whether they’re used as table numbers or hung around the reception. Simply gorgeous!
8. Extras: Still looking for a few more fall wedding ideas? We’ve got you covered. Instead of serving salads before dinner, why not substitute it for soup? Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a chilly fall night. If you are having an outdoor wedding, then you may have the option of offering hayrides during cocktail hour for your guests. This is a fun and memorable event to have at a wedding!
Happy fall, y'all!
Hi there! I'm Jo, a certified wedding planner and the owner of Witt & Co. Events in Neenah, Wisconsin. I'm a wife to my amazing husband and high school sweetheart Matt, a mama to our sweet little James, (and a Fur-mama to Scarlett and Charlie!)