Another year has flown by and 2019 is only days away! There is a lot to look forward to in the upcoming year. But I can’t say goodbye to 2018 without reflecting on the many amazing moments that have happened for Witt & Co. Events and myself. What a year 2018 has been! I’ve taken the time to sit down and think about the top 5 highlights from this year. This was my time to take a moment and rejoice about all the good things that happened throughout the year (something I recommend you do too!) Although it was hard to narrow the list down to my top 5, these are what I’ve chosen as the best moments from the year:
1. Welcomed baby James! This wonderful baby boy joined the world in June and I could not be more excited to be a mother to this little guy.
2. Met our booking maximum/goal for the year and celebrated the most amazing 15 couples in 2018! I only take a certain number of bookings per year to make sure I give everyone the attention they deserve. *2019 spots are going fast, so make sure you book with me soon!*
3. Witt & Co. Events received the 2018 Couples Choice Award on WeddingWire. This award is to recognize local wedding professionals who demonstrate excellence in quality, service, responsiveness, and professionalism. Winners are determined by reviews from WeddingWire couples. Thank you to all the awesome reviews our amazing couples left for me to receive this recognition.
4. Hired Janae as my social media coordinator! She has been such a big help to me and growing my business!
5. Moved Witt & Co. Events to Neenah. This was the area I wanted to be in with my business and I made it happen!
2018 has been wonderful! Taking a moment to look back and remember the year has made me appreciate so much in my life. Now I can look forward to my next greatest adventures waiting for me in the new year. What are your highlights from 2018?
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for a wedding! Winter is upon us and although it may be cold outside, things are heating up with these winter wedding trends. Cozy on up to these inspirations to incorporate into your big day.
1. Colors- Winter weddings bring their own magical charm with shades of reds and greens. But there are many other colors you can incorporate into your special day whether you’re looking to add elegance, warmth, or a classic style. Icy blue, silver, black, gold, white, blush, and maroon are some of the popular, beautiful color options that would make any winter wedding stunning.
2. Wedding Attire- The Wisconsin weather can drop to seriously cold temperatures during winter, which means many brides are choosing dresses with sleeves and layers to keep warm. Ball gowns are a popular choice as they provide layers and a gorgeous look for brides. Lace is also a trendy option for wedding gowns as they provide depth, interest, and elegance. If you’re looking for ways to stand out against a white, snowy backdrop then consider a gown with a hint of color such as blue or blush. Complete your look with a faux-fur cape or shawl. This will be sure to keep you cozy warm and add a touch of glamour. Trendy colors for suit-jackets include grey, blue, or classic black. Looking to create a bold look? Then a patterned suit may be for you. Graphic checkered patterns are a great option for the winter season. If you’re not looking for a super bold look, then maybe a patterned tie or pocket square would be a better option!
3. Décor- Winter weddings have so many beautiful décor options! We’ve seen a lot of couples incorporating pine cones, evergreen branches, lanterns, and twinkly lights into their weddings this winter. A unique way to bring the winter theme into your celebration that will surely amaze your guests is an ice sculpture. This impressive décor option can be created into almost any vision you have such as your wedding initials, diamond-like chandeliers, landscape lounge furniture, or a full-on ice bar for your guests. If you want to incorporate the holidays into your wedding, then Christmas trees would be a great addition! Decorated trees lining the entrance and reception space can set the mood and transform the space into an enchanting scene.
4. Flowers- There are so many beautiful winter flower options to select for your wedding. Some of the popular choices during this season include roses, amaryllis, anemones, carnations, snowdrops, and poinsettias. Add some interest into your bouquet with holly berries, pinecones, or a winter greenery mix. Wreaths and frosted branches make perfect additions to your reception to ‘WOW’ your guests.
5. Food & Drink- We’ve rounded up some delicious winter foods and drinks to serve up at your wedding. A crowd pleaser during cocktail hour are grilled cheese wedges paired with tomato soup shooters. This is sure to keep your guests’ tummy’s nice and warm. Popular meal options that couples choose to serve at their weddings include prime cuts of beef or seasonal meats such as venison or pheasant. Satisfy the sweet tooth with dessert options other than cake such as smore’s, cake pops, white chocolate covered strawberries, and pies. When it comes to drinks, there are many fun, seasonal options you can serve at your wedding. Spiked egg nog, a hot chocolate bar, Moscow mule, and holiday sangria are a few ideas. Check out Pinterest for some signature drink ideas to add personalization!
Favors- 'Tis the season for giving great wedding favors. If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas, we’ve got you covered. Blankets, mittens, or socks are sure to be a hit with your guests as they snuggle up into these warm favors. Personalized lip balm or hand warmers will be appreciated on those chilly winter nights. Food favors such as hot cocoa packets, s'mores, and peppermint, are always a good choice for gifting to your guests. Some more unique favor options could be giving your guests an ornament, scented candle, or snow globe. Your guests will be thrilled to receive one of these amazing wedding favors!
Hi there! I'm Jo, owner of Witt & Co. Events in Neenah, Wisconsin. Wife to my amazing husband and high school sweetheart Matt, mama to our sweet little James, (and fur-mama to Scarlett and Charlie!)