Planning a wedding is a lot of work! It’s more than just picking out a cake, flowers, and a location. The amount of detail and coordination that goes into a wedding can become overwhelming for people who work full time, have kids, and are trying to maintain their relationship. That’s why hiring a pro, such as Witt & Co. Events, can take the weight of wedding planning off your shoulders so you can enjoy the time leading up to the wedding and not stress. Here are seven reasons why you should hire us for your wedding:
1. Save You Time: There’s so much to do for planning a wedding! If you’re a busy career woman or maybe you’re raising kids, you probably don’t have hours to spend surfing the internet to find vendors or plan other wedding details. Save yourself time by hiring us to handle all the planning and coordinating. Let yourself focus on what’s most important to you leading up to the wedding!
2. Budgeting: Weddings can be expensive. You may not even realize how much money you start spending until you get that first credit card bill (Yikes!). Having a budget will help with this issue, and we’re here to help you stick to this budget and get the most for your money. Let us crunch the numbers, track your money, and even score you some sweet discounts.
3. Scheduling & Coordinating: We are experts with scheduling and coordinating your special day. We’ll make sure to plan out all important details into an itinerary in a timely manner. Whether you have a long engagement or short, knowing when to schedule everything up through the wedding day with require quite a bit of planning. We want to make sure everything goes according to plan for you!
4. Relationships with Vendors: There are a lot of vendors to be in communication with for your wedding such as, photographer, videographer, florist, venue, DJ or band, and many more. A wedding planner has relationships with many vendors as this is what we do full time. We know the best of the best and can help in selecting the perfect vendor for your needs & budget. We may even be able to get discounts with them since we work together. Another important aspect is that when booking vendors, contracts accompany them. We take the time to look over every contract and make sure the fine print is to satisfaction!
5. Your Wedding Experts: We know it all (In the best kind of way!) Having insider knowledge allows us to recommend the best vendors for you. Our exposure to new wedding ideas and trends can help us plan the ultimate ceremony and reception to take your breath away. We’re also here to offer advice and tips. Anything you may need, we’ll be your guide to the big day.
6. Save You Stress: As you start looking into everything that goes into planning a wedding, you may start to realize you’re in over your head. Don’t stress though, we’re ready to help! Let the vendors talk with us about ironing out any last-minute details instead of bothering you and your significant other. Even if you only hire us for day-of coordination, you’ll be glad you did. We’ll go above and beyond to allow you and your significant other to fully enjoy your day.
7. Turn Your Dreams into a Reality: Let us create the wedding of your dreams! You should enjoy your day and soak in every moment. Whatever visions you may have, we’ll make them real! Whether it’s building the dream from scratch, putting on the finishing touches, or just taking care of everything for you during the event—we got it covered!
We can't wait to help you plan your big day!
Cheers to Celebrating!
Congratulations! You just got engaged, hooray! As your adrenaline, excitement, and tears reced from your significant other popping the question, all the thoughts of wedding planning rush into your head. You may start to feel overwhelmed and question what your next move should be. Well, worry not because we’ve listed the 10 things you should do after saying “yes” and slipping that gorgeous ring onto your finger.
1. Celebrate – You just got engaged to the love of your life! Take some time for the two of you to celebrate becoming engaged. Pop the champagne, enjoy a nice dinner, or spend some time just basking in the moment. You’ll soon be caught up in all the details of your wedding, so savor this time for just the two of you!
10. Hire Witt & Co. Events as Your Wedding Coordinator – If you’re thinking that you may be a little over your head with all this wedding planning, we are here to assist. Witt & Co. Events is here to design the wedding of your dreams. Save time and stress by letting us take care of everything. We are passionate about helping couples craft and effortlessly execute a beautiful wedding, while they focus on building a strong foundation for marriage. After all, the big day is all about you, the two of you, together in love!
Cheers to Celebrating!
One of the biggest decisions couples must make for their wedding is deciding what food to serve their guests. Many are stuck between the idea of choosing a plated or buffet style, but nowadays there are so many more options to choose from! We’ve listed some great ideas to help you figure out the best way to serve up your meals.
Cheers to celebrating!
Everyone appreciates a delicious cocktail bar at a wedding, but have you thought about having a food bar at your reception? Many couples and caterers are opting to serve food in a fun, festive, and interactive way. From appetizers to late night snacks, guests will enjoy the tasty spread of food creatively incorporated to satisfy their taste buds. We’ve thought of some unique and mouthwatering food bars that you’ll want for your wedding!
Themed Food Bars – Do you have a favorite sports team? Want to represent your state? Have a fondness for movies? Whatever your passion is, get creative and incorporate it into a food bar at your celebration! For example, if you have a love for baseball you could serve mini hotdogs, pretzels, and popcorn. Home-state themed food bars for Wisconsin could include cheese curds and pretty much anything else deep fried.
Dinner Food Bars – When deciding what to serve at your wedding you’ll have to think about if you want a sit-down dinner, buffet, or something else. Many couples are choosing food stations rather than sit down dinners to make the meal more interactive and get people up and moving around. Pasta stations are popular because guests get to choose what additions they want in their pasta meal and the chef makes it right in front of them! If you’d prefer more of a side addition with dinner you can do mac and cheese or mashed potato bars. Serve them in martini glasses and offer a selection of toppings such as bacon, sour cream, chives, and cheese.
Post Dinner / Dessert Bars – Long gone are the days of serving just cake and cupcakes. Now anything goes when it comes to the desserts served at weddings. Truffles, ice cream, pies, cheesecake, macarons, tiramisu, and shortcake shooters are just a few fun alternatives. Cookie bars are a delicious after dinner treat. Serve up your favorite cookies (could be homemade!) such as chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, and macadamia. Go a step further by pairing the cookies with a shot glass of milk!
Looking for an interactive dessert bar? How about a s’mores bar?! Go beyond the basic Hershey chocolate bar and plain marshmallow. Try cinnamon graham crackers or Girl Scout cookies, strawberry or seasonal flavored marshmallows, Andes Mints, caramels, and more! Coffee bars are a great addition during dessert. Some couples opt to bring in Keurig machines, or serve black coffee with an assortment of syrups and creamers. So many tasty options!
Late Night Snack Bars – Tired of the late-night pizza? Try some of these options to satisfy the late-night hunger! Sliders, french fries, assorted popcorn, or pretzels are all good choices to give your guests a pick me up and soak up a night’s worth of drinking. If your venue allows, bring in a food vendor from outside. Couple’s have brought in Taco Bell, Jimmy Johns, and local food trucks that serve their favorite snacks to come in for their wedding.
Non-Food Bars – We’re going above and beyond for you and listing a couple non-food bar ideas to make your wedding extra special! Add some flair to your reception with the ultimate amenity for guests – a cigar bar. Sophisticated and fun, a cigar bar can be enjoyed by novice or first-time users. A great way to celebrate the day! Another creative bar to include is a biodegradable confetti bar! This is the perfect thing for people to toss at the end of the wedding ceremony or as you and your spouse make your big exit at the end of the night. Guests will have fun mixing their own combinations of colorful confetti or flower petals. If you choose a biodegradable option, then you don’t have to worry about picking up every little piece because it’s Earth friendly. What better way to celebrate?
Temperatures are dropping, leaves are falling, pumpkin spice is back in stores -- you know what that means right? Fall is finally here! There’s a lot to love about the season, but here at Witt & Co. we’re especially excited about the latest and greatest trends taking over the wedding scenes. Explore the inspiring seasonal ideas that are turning heads!
1. Colors: Burgundy and wine seem to be the color choices taking over weddings this season. These deep, rich colors are a perfect choice to give your wedding a romantic feel. Other notable colors seen this season are plum, mauve, blush, ivory, navy, and other pretty jewel tones. Accent your colors with metallics to add some brightness and depth. Gold is a popular choice, but the hottest pop of color this season seems to be copper.
2. Wedding Attire: Crisp, cool air settles in as temperatures drop. The cold weather not only has brides selecting dresses with long sleeves, but bridesmaids too. Lace is a popular option during this time of the year as well for the elegant, detailed look it gives. Brides are choosing dresses that are a softer white, such as ivory, or even a blush colored dress to stand out against the beautiful fall colors. Let’s not forget about layers! Denim jackets and soft fleece sweaters are perfect for extra warmth. As for the men, they can be seen in any neutral color. Navy and burgundy are the latest fall trend colors for suit jackets. If they’re looking to stand out a little more, they can select a textured jacket or have a pair of suede brown shoes.
3. Desserts: Just as the trees are losing their leaves, the wedding cakes are losing all their extravagant extras. During this season, couples seem to opt for simple, clean cakes with some texture and small bunches of florals. Naked cakes are still very common, but a new version of this cake is taking over as the go-to choice. Translucent cakes are like naked cakes, but instead have a thin veil of frosting covering the layers with just a little bit of the cake showing through. In addition, couples are selecting smaller wedding cakes and adding an additional dessert to serve for guests. Seasonal picks include pies, smore’s, and caramel apples!
4. Drinks: Guests will love the tastes of apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel, and other spiced-infused cocktails. Some crowd-pleasing signature drinks include spiced mulled wine, apple cider hot toddy, pumpkin beer, and caramel apple martinis. Select a drink that you and your significant other with enjoy cuddling up with together!
5. Flowers: Florals are often chosen to match the changing foliage outside. Rich, lush, textured arrangements with bursts of burgundy, red, orange, yellow, and plum are what can be expected. Dahlias are a favorite during the fall season with bouquets as they come in multiple colors such as red, burgundy, orange, and plum. Another popular flower choice is burgundy colored spider mums. Bouquets can be seen wrapped with ribbons, sashes, or textured fabric as well. Incorporating enchanting greens, such as evergreen branches or magnolia leaves, and fun accents, such as small twigs or berries, into floral arrangements adds interest and captures the great outdoors.
6. Favors: Trying to think of the perfect fall favor to gift to your guests? Boxed caramel apples, plaid blankets, caramel popcorn, and hot cocoa mix are just a few of this season’s best favors. If you’re looking to kick your wedding up a notch, you could offer a caramel apple bar or smore’s bar for guests to build their sweet treat themselves to take home!
7. Décor: Having a wedding in fall gives you so many options for beautiful, unique décor. Gourds, pumpkins, and leaves are seasonal favorites for incorporating into your wedding. Dreamy lanterns and candles give a soft, cozy feel whether they’re used as table numbers or hung around the reception. Simply gorgeous!
8. Extras: Still looking for a few more fall wedding ideas? We’ve got you covered. Instead of serving salads before dinner, why not substitute it for soup? Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a chilly fall night. If you are having an outdoor wedding, then you may have the option of offering hayrides during cocktail hour for your guests. This is a fun and memorable event to have at a wedding!
Happy fall, y'all!
Hi there! I'm Johanna Wittmann, owner of Witt & Co. Events in Oshkosh, WI. (You can call me Jo!) I love nothing more than creating beautiful events! And of course, my wonderful husband Matt, our new son James, and our furry monsters, Charlie and Scarlett.