It’s the most wonderful time of the year for a wedding! Winter is upon us and although it may be cold outside, things are heating up with these winter wedding trends. Cozy on up to these inspirations to incorporate into your big day.
1. Colors- Winter weddings bring their own magical charm with shades of reds and greens. But there are many other colors you can incorporate into your special day whether you’re looking to add elegance, warmth, or a classic style. Icy blue, silver, black, gold, white, blush, and maroon are some of the popular, beautiful color options that would make any winter wedding stunning.
2. Wedding Attire- The Wisconsin weather can drop to seriously cold temperatures during winter, which means many brides are choosing dresses with sleeves and layers to keep warm. Ball gowns are a popular choice as they provide layers and a gorgeous look for brides. Lace is also a trendy option for wedding gowns as they provide depth, interest, and elegance. If you’re looking for ways to stand out against a white, snowy backdrop then consider a gown with a hint of color such as blue or blush. Complete your look with a faux-fur cape or shawl. This will be sure to keep you cozy warm and add a touch of glamour. Trendy colors for suit-jackets include grey, blue, or classic black. Looking to create a bold look? Then a patterned suit may be for you. Graphic checkered patterns are a great option for the winter season. If you’re not looking for a super bold look, then maybe a patterned tie or pocket square would be a better option!
3. Décor- Winter weddings have so many beautiful décor options! We’ve seen a lot of couples incorporating pine cones, evergreen branches, lanterns, and twinkly lights into their weddings this winter. A unique way to bring the winter theme into your celebration that will surely amaze your guests is an ice sculpture. This impressive décor option can be created into almost any vision you have such as your wedding initials, diamond-like chandeliers, landscape lounge furniture, or a full-on ice bar for your guests. If you want to incorporate the holidays into your wedding, then Christmas trees would be a great addition! Decorated trees lining the entrance and reception space can set the mood and transform the space into an enchanting scene.
4. Flowers- There are so many beautiful winter flower options to select for your wedding. Some of the popular choices during this season include roses, amaryllis, anemones, carnations, snowdrops, and poinsettias. Add some interest into your bouquet with holly berries, pinecones, or a winter greenery mix. Wreaths and frosted branches make perfect additions to your reception to ‘WOW’ your guests.
5. Food & Drink- We’ve rounded up some delicious winter foods and drinks to serve up at your wedding. A crowd pleaser during cocktail hour are grilled cheese wedges paired with tomato soup shooters. This is sure to keep your guests’ tummy’s nice and warm. Popular meal options that couples choose to serve at their weddings include prime cuts of beef or seasonal meats such as venison or pheasant. Satisfy the sweet tooth with dessert options other than cake such as smore’s, cake pops, white chocolate covered strawberries, and pies. When it comes to drinks, there are many fun, seasonal options you can serve at your wedding. Spiked egg nog, a hot chocolate bar, Moscow mule, and holiday sangria are a few ideas. Check out Pinterest for some signature drink ideas to add personalization!
Favors- 'Tis the season for giving great wedding favors. If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas, we’ve got you covered. Blankets, mittens, or socks are sure to be a hit with your guests as they snuggle up into these warm favors. Personalized lip balm or hand warmers will be appreciated on those chilly winter nights. Food favors such as hot cocoa packets, s'mores, and peppermint, are always a good choice for gifting to your guests. Some more unique favor options could be giving your guests an ornament, scented candle, or snow globe. Your guests will be thrilled to receive one of these amazing wedding favors!
Temperatures are dropping, leaves are falling, pumpkin spice is back in stores -- you know what that means right? Fall is finally here! There’s a lot to love about the season, but here at Witt & Co. we’re especially excited about the latest and greatest trends taking over the wedding scenes. Explore the inspiring seasonal ideas that are turning heads!
1. Colors: Burgundy and wine seem to be the color choices taking over weddings this season. These deep, rich colors are a perfect choice to give your wedding a romantic feel. Other notable colors seen this season are plum, mauve, blush, ivory, navy, and other pretty jewel tones. Accent your colors with metallics to add some brightness and depth. Gold is a popular choice, but the hottest pop of color this season seems to be copper.
2. Wedding Attire: Crisp, cool air settles in as temperatures drop. The cold weather not only has brides selecting dresses with long sleeves, but bridesmaids too. Lace is a popular option during this time of the year as well for the elegant, detailed look it gives. Brides are choosing dresses that are a softer white, such as ivory, or even a blush colored dress to stand out against the beautiful fall colors. Let’s not forget about layers! Denim jackets and soft fleece sweaters are perfect for extra warmth. As for the men, they can be seen in any neutral color. Navy and burgundy are the latest fall trend colors for suit jackets. If they’re looking to stand out a little more, they can select a textured jacket or have a pair of suede brown shoes.
3. Desserts: Just as the trees are losing their leaves, the wedding cakes are losing all their extravagant extras. During this season, couples seem to opt for simple, clean cakes with some texture and small bunches of florals. Naked cakes are still very common, but a new version of this cake is taking over as the go-to choice. Translucent cakes are like naked cakes, but instead have a thin veil of frosting covering the layers with just a little bit of the cake showing through. In addition, couples are selecting smaller wedding cakes and adding an additional dessert to serve for guests. Seasonal picks include pies, smore’s, and caramel apples!
4. Drinks: Guests will love the tastes of apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel, and other spiced-infused cocktails. Some crowd-pleasing signature drinks include spiced mulled wine, apple cider hot toddy, pumpkin beer, and caramel apple martinis. Select a drink that you and your significant other with enjoy cuddling up with together!
5. Flowers: Florals are often chosen to match the changing foliage outside. Rich, lush, textured arrangements with bursts of burgundy, red, orange, yellow, and plum are what can be expected. Dahlias are a favorite during the fall season with bouquets as they come in multiple colors such as red, burgundy, orange, and plum. Another popular flower choice is burgundy colored spider mums. Bouquets can be seen wrapped with ribbons, sashes, or textured fabric as well. Incorporating enchanting greens, such as evergreen branches or magnolia leaves, and fun accents, such as small twigs or berries, into floral arrangements adds interest and captures the great outdoors.
6. Favors: Trying to think of the perfect fall favor to gift to your guests? Boxed caramel apples, plaid blankets, caramel popcorn, and hot cocoa mix are just a few of this season’s best favors. If you’re looking to kick your wedding up a notch, you could offer a caramel apple bar or smore’s bar for guests to build their sweet treat themselves to take home!
7. Décor: Having a wedding in fall gives you so many options for beautiful, unique décor. Gourds, pumpkins, and leaves are seasonal favorites for incorporating into your wedding. Dreamy lanterns and candles give a soft, cozy feel whether they’re used as table numbers or hung around the reception. Simply gorgeous!
8. Extras: Still looking for a few more fall wedding ideas? We’ve got you covered. Instead of serving salads before dinner, why not substitute it for soup? Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a chilly fall night. If you are having an outdoor wedding, then you may have the option of offering hayrides during cocktail hour for your guests. This is a fun and memorable event to have at a wedding!
Happy fall, y'all!
Hi there! I'm Johanna Wittmann, owner of Witt & Co. Events in Oshkosh, WI. (You can call me Jo!) I love nothing more than creating beautiful events! And of course, my wonderful husband Matt, our new son James, and our furry monsters, Charlie and Scarlett.