With all the details and planning that have gone into your wedding, the big day should (hopefully) go off without any hiccups! There are a few things that you can do as the bride to ensure your celebration goes smoothly. The following are our top tips of things to NOT do the day of / weekend of your wedding.
Audre Rae Photography
Choosing your bridesmaids and asking them to be a part of your wedding is a big deal for any bride. These are the people you are closest with, know the best, and can trust with anything. They’re the ones you want by your side on your wedding day. And to accept the duty as maid of honor or bridesmaid requires a lot of commitment. You’re there to help the bride with decisions, planning, advice, and more! Here are a few responsibilities you can expect as maid of honor or a bridesmaid.
There are duties that a bride may ask from her maid of honor or bridesmaids that could be entrusted to a wedding planner if you were to hire one. These can include:
- Keeping track of time and order of events.
- Bustling the dress train.
- Communicating between bridesmaids, groomsmen, and wedding professionals.
- Fixing any dress mishaps (stains, rips, train bustles falling, etc.)
- Organizing family and friends during photos.
- Setting up your personal décor items such as guestbook, place cards, candles, photos, and more.
- Handing out day-of final payments and gratuities.
- Be a partner, note-taker, opinion-giver at design meetings with florists, etc. to keep the wedding vision streamlined and on-point.
If you hire Witt & Co. for your wedding, then we can help make your wedding planning stress free and easy. There will also be more time for your bridal party to focus on other details of your wedding and celebrate your big day with you!
Your wedding day is a chance to bring all your loved ones together to celebrate your big day, including your furry four-legged friend! Pets hold a special place in our hearts and having them be a part of this special time in your life just makes it that much better. We’ve gathered some ideas for how to include your fur baby in wedding as well as tips to keep in mind if you do decide to have a pet present.
Honoring and remembering Vogue, a truly amazing dog and friend. Rest in peace sweet angel.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anatole France
Hi there! I'm Jo, a certified wedding planner and the owner of Witt & Co. Events in Neenah, Wisconsin. I'm a wife to my amazing husband and high school sweetheart Matt, a mama to our sweet little James, (and a Fur-mama to Scarlett and Charlie!)